About This Workshop
In this 5 Day intensive Service Design Masterclass you will learn about how to design and transform digital services. We teach you how to use a range of tools and methods that can be applied by teams to solve complex challenges in the design and development of innovative services in the experience economy.
This masterclass is an advanced class that is focused on learning the principles of service design and service design practices used to transform orgnaisations using design thinking, open innovation, crowd sourcing and collaborative practices. We teach you how to apply agile methods to deliver impactful change that is both strategic and tractical to deliver at speed and scale.
Why do this course
This is a 5 Day course in Sydney. It will give you a working knowledge of how Service Design can be applied to develop a transformation strategy and then how to devlier fast-wins in an organisation that is seeking transformational change that demand teams unleash their creativity and expertise by working collaboratively to deal with complex service design challenges.
This course is concerned with advanced concepts in service design thinking using tried-and-tested tools applied by the world’s leading organisations. The course will teach you how to:
- Plan and work with customers using advanced research techniques.
- Use data to develop data informed strategies.
- Plan and undertake service safaris and heuristic reviews of services.
- Identify painpoints in services to identify how an organisation, its people and processes can be optimised.
- Develop value propositions and new business models.
- Use different ways to model and communicate design concepts and benfits to stakeholders.
- How to plan change, the Epics and User Stories concerned with transforming services.
- Develop service journey maps and blueprint serivces and their touchpoints.
- Identify new roles, define skills and competencies and the typs of actors (humans) and agents (bots) that deliver services.
- Prototype and test services.
- Scale services and develop roadmaps using agile approaches.
01 Introduction to Service Design | What is service design? Why use service design? Who uses service design?
02 Aligning Stakeholders | What’s on My Radar | Stakeholder Maps
03 Users and Ethnographic Research | Methods: Service Safaris | Interviewing | Heuristic Reviews
Meet-The- Expert: Thought Leader Keynote
04 Empathy and Journey Maps | Methods: Empathy Maps | As-is-Scenario Maps
05 Opportunity Areas | Methods: Blue Ocean Strategy | Opportunity Statements Starters (How Might We…)
06 Value Proposations | Value Proposition Canvas
Studio Visit: Meet the Experts and Mixer
Thought Leader Keynote
07 Ideation | Methods: Big Ideas | Prioritisation Grid
07 Agile Methods | Methods: Storyboarding, Epics and User Stories (Agile Methodology)
08 Working with Users | Methods: Co-Design Workshops, Feature Cards and MoSCoW Prioritisation
Meet-The- Expert: Thought Leader Keynote
09 Service Journey | Method: Touchpoint Matrix
10 Service Journey | Method: Actors Map
Brown-Bag Meet-Up: Financial Services Leader
11 Service Journey | Method: Service Journey Canvas
12 Service Model | Methods: Service Blueprinting
13 Prototyping Services | Prototyping Services | Methods: Evidencing | Rapid Service Prototyping | Body Storming | Paper Prototyping
14 User Testing | Methods: Resonance Testing and Think-aloud Walkthroughs
15 Business Models | Methods: Business Model Canvas
16 Storytelling | Methods: Concept Posters and Microsites
Who is this course for?
We have aimed this at:
- Non-designers and professionals involved in developoing and transforming services.
- Designers that have a background in Graphics, Media, Advertsing, UX or UI Design or another design discipline.
Sectors that can benefit
Health Services | Media | Advertiseing | Marketing| Education | IT | Government | Public Services | Financial Services | Banking | Telecoms | Utilities | Start-Ups | Design
To learn more about this course and our other courses in Service Design, UX and Design Thinking or to discuss a bespoke or customised workshop please call Peter Fossick on (UK) +44 7972 905474 or request a call back (Network charges may apply depending upon you service provider)
About the IXSD Academy™
The Academy was created to help people and organisations unleash their creative potential to deliver innovation at speed.
Please note the IXSD Academy, its agents and its associates reserve the right to make changes to the courses, outlines and content.