Study design in a global design destination and have a career changing experience. Choose from our 7 or 14 day programmes to study design in a global design hub. Learn about design, technology, business and industry in a unique cultural setting, choosing from London, Hong Kong or San Francisco.
Using a bootcamp format, attendees undertake a themed design project using one of our Playbooks. Our Playbooks feature design tools and collaborative practices focused on learning the principles of product, ux and service design based on Human Centred Design using Design Thinking principles.
You will learn immersed in a unique cultural setting with access to leading design practitioners, thought leaders, business champions, pioneering design groups, companies and cultural events.
Global Design Hubs
We have selected London, Hong Kong and San Francisco as our three international centers of excellence that blejnd design, creativity, business, fine arts, theater, technology, and entrepreneurship that inspires cutting-edge design and innovation.
LONDON (September 2018 or November 2018)
Theme: Service Design and UX Design
In this explosive and fast paced 14 day program you will undertake a design hack to learn about service design, using service design playbooks and design in the outcome economy. Learn about aligning business and user needs and how user experience design, business and technology come to together in the world’s most culturally diverse and design savvy city.
Visit the world’s leading design groups and companies including Google, Facebook, IDEO, Fjord, Designit, Livework, EY-Seren, Boston Consulting Group – Digital Ventures and a host of cutting edge service and UX design groups in London. We attend the London Design Festival, the world’s largest concentration of coordinated design events that encamposses high-end design to craft to fashion to cutting-edge VR and digital design. Visit the Royal College of Art, the British Design Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum, The Tate Modern and more exciting cultural venues.
USA: SAN FRANCISCO + THE BAY AREA (June 2019)
Theme: Digital Design, Innovation and Technology
In this intense and exciting 14 day program you will work on a lean start-up using a design hack to learn the about designing digital products and how design, technology and business come to together.
Visit a host of cutting edge start-ups and design groups in the bay including Frogdesign, Fjord, IDEO, Lunar, Designit, Momentum Design Lab, Beyond, Greater Than One and many more.
This program is centred in San Francisco and explores how the Bay Area has becomes the world’s leading start-up and technology hub. The experience continues with visits to Apple, VLab, Lyft, Houzz, Eventbrite, Pinterest, GitHub, Postmates, Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures to name a few. We will also visit, MOMA, Stanford d.School, ArtCentre College of Design, and the start-up community situated in around 4th Street (SF) and Palo Alto.
CHINA: HONG KONG + SHENZHEN (May 2019)
Theme: Product Design and Manufacturing
In this intense and exciting 14 day program you will undertake a design hack to learn the about designing products using global production chains and how branding, marketing, industrial design and business come to together to deliver innovative products.
This program is centred in Hong Kong and explores how China has becomes the world’s factory. The program includes visits to design studios, global design HQs and experience first hand the factories and production centres that form part of the vast manufacturing expertise in Shenzhen, China. Visit Vtech, Goldpeak, Kids II, Philips, and a host of OEM manufacturers. The program includes visits to the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, The Hong Kong Design Institute and cultural attractions.
Why do these Programs?
Our programs provide two distinct and invaluable experiences:
- A design hack in a sprint format that is challenging, fast paced working with inspiring design leaders.
- An immersive, highly informative and life changing experience in a global design hub where trends are set and thought leadership established.
- Learn and apply a range of new design skills that will enable you to work and achieve results quickly and of a high standard.
- Apply design approaches that deliver disruptive innovation by working collaboratively and at speed in an agile way.
- Develop a unique understanding of the cultural context of design.
- Network and connect with leading design figures and companies.
- Develop a range of portfolio assets that can be used to differentiate you from your peers as you launch your design career.
Who is this course for?
- Design students in the the latter half of there studies that have good technical and communications skills.
- Designers that have a background in Product, Industrial, Graphics, Media, Advertising, Service, UX or UI Design or another design discipline seeking to enhance and boost their career prospects.
To learn more about this course and our other courses or to discuss a bespoke or customised workshop please call Peter Fossick on (UK) +44 7972 905474 or request a call back (Network charges may apply depending upon you service provider).
Or complete the inquiry form here