About This Workshop
In this short 1 day Masterclass we will look at ‘Ops’ – in particular DesignOps and ResearchOps, the mechanics, organisation and optimisation of people, practices, processes, and ‘craft’ used to amplify the value of design and research. We will look at ‘HOW’and the ‘WHY’ together with the impact of research and design at scale in organisations that want to adopt research led, evidence-based decision making, using design thinking.
In this intense immersive course you will develop an understanding of how to apply the principles and practices that support Design Operations known as #DesignOps to enable flow and tight integration between design and technology and how to deliver design at scale in agile organisations are design-led.
DesignOps is a collective term for addressing challenges such as:
– growing and evolving design teams
– finding and hiring people with the right skills
– creating efficient workflows
– improving the quality and impact of design outputs.
The goal of DesignOps is to establish processes and measures that support scalable solutions for these challenges, so that designers can focus on designing.
ResearchOps is a collective term for addressing challenges such as:
- growing and evolving research teams
- finding and hiring people with the right skills
- Planning research activities
- Recruiting users
- Creating efficient workflows
- improving the quality and impact of research outputs
- Archiving, socialisig actionable insights that underpin design
The goal of ResearchOps is defeine the roles, practices, processes, tools, and environments needed to support researchers in delivering and scaling research across an organisation and ensuring it is impactful and efficient.
Why do this course?
We teach the core concepts of #DesignOps and how to #operationalise and #systemise design processes using templates, design systems and reusable components to enable you to work at speed and agility with a DevOps team.
Learn how to cast teams, develop collaborative practices and select software that link and support flow in toolchains.
Learn how to systemise research and design processes.
Learn how to create a backlog by defining painpoints, new value pools and user benefits as stories to define requirements in the agile enterprise.
How to select software, create tool chains and working ecosystems and maintenance of ‘libraries.
We’ll equip you with a working and practical knowledge to enable you to apply DesignOps in your day-to-day job. Unleash and share your creative expertise working alongside product owners, designers, developers and business analysts in the development of new digit products and apps.
Engagement with the business
Environments & Facilities
Communities of Practice
Hiring & On-boarding
Education & Training
Digital Asset Management
Scoping & Estimation
Shaping & Allocation
Impact and ROI
OKRs and KPIs
Share Success Stories
We’ll equip you with a working and practical knowledge to enable you to apply DesignOps and ResearchOps in your day-to-day job. Unleash and share your creative expertise working alongside product owners, designers, developers and business analysts in the development of new digit products and apps.
The Principles that apply to Design and Research are as follows
• The researcher and designer is responsible for user experience and the team is accountable.
• Evidenced based approaches to decision making Design, prototype, test and learn as quickly as possible.
• Measure, review, pivot and share – operationalised adaptability.
• Use software to do more, to create & deliver outcomes.
• Risk reduction through compartmentalising components.
• Systematised the design process and activities such support innovation and change.
• Operationalised proceses using toolchains of software.
• Codified and auditbale decision chains
• Outcome focused building prototpyes and design systems focused on the MVP and beyond.
Who is this course for?
We have aimed this course at researchers, product owners and product designers, UX designers, UI Designers, developers, business analysts and delivery leads.
Digital Product Development | Web and App Dev | IT | E-commerce |eGov | Public Services | Financial Services | Banking | Telecoms | Utilities | Design |Media
Locations and Date
Manchester : March 19, 2020
More dates to be announced Europe